Re: [DML] Re: Torsion bar adjustment: Complete

On 10/18/05, David Teitelbaum <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am glad to hear that your procedure went well. The only point of
> contention I have is the power in the torsion bars IS a big deal. If
> you were not warned about it and did not have enough leverage you
> would not be such a "Happy Camper". Imagine if you did not have a pipe
> on that allen wrench.

Agreed; without a pipe for leverage I could have chewed up my hand
real good, not to mention the car and who knows what else. No
arguments there. My statement should have been prefaced with, "When
done right." Some of the tutorials I ran across talked the job up more
than I felt was necessary.

Safety is important and should come first but we can also be
reasonable about it. I think many people are scared off of attempting
this based on the dire warnings posted - and maybe some of them should
be; however, I delayed doing this for a year because the warnings
scared me off. In fact I seriously considered driving the 4 hours to
Seattle last weekend and begging Toby Peterson to help me out. But I
figured I'd have to learn this sooner or later so we just did it and
found it to be easy. Quite frankly, replacing my radiator was more
difficult.

Anyway, I sincerely appreciate everyone's advice on all sides of the
spectrum. I wouldn't have even attempted the job without it. These
mailing lists and everyone who posts on them are invaluable to people
like me who aren't close to a reputable DeLorean mechanic.

--
- Ryan
http://www.memfrag.com - Memory Fragment Search & Storage