From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
byrondelorean
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2005 6:41 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [DML] Struts

When I picked my Delorean after a years long worth of restoration, I
was dissapointed in the fact that the doors didn't open up like I
remembered, same with my hood. I thought this was unnacceptable and
that a new set of struts should be tried. Sure enough th doors flew
up and bounced nicely. I am also in Michigan, my doors still fly up
perfect even in 50 degree temp. I have a feeling there are reject
struts for sale unknowingly at the various vendors or may just be
too old.  I have a friend with new DMCH struts, his doors droop. I
have new DMCH struts and they operate perfect. Specialty Auto says
they have the best around and they are warranteed for 5 years. I
would buy a couple sets to try. I am anxious to read your new post
regarding the outcome. I bet you will uncover the mystery of the
drooping doors. The torsion bar should not be touched unless you
have exhausted every option.