Re: [DML] Blending

Joey,
I've done this twice now and both times took me about a weekend to do it.
You could do it in just half a day, but it's a lot of work. For me, I also
took a lot of time just to mask off the glass and trim. Then went over it
section by section.

It's not terribly difficult, but there are some sections that are easy to
screw up. The front pillars and the section of rear quarter panel between
the glass and louvers are the most tricky parts. You must keep moving the
pad in the direction of the grain, otherwise you will make ugly cross
grains. Also, make sure you do a good job covering large areas like the
hood. One time I didn't do it well enough and caused dark strips from where
I didn't run the pad nearly as much as the other areas. I had to go back
and reblend to whole hood to remove the stripes.

Just follow the suggestions in the DML archives. Unless you have really
deep scratches or dents, blending it with the proper Scotch Brite pads
should be all that's needed.

Good luck,
Chris - VIN 4099