[DML] Re: Window channel seal replacement

[DML] Re: Window channel seal replacement

Hi Dan,

Maybe you could clarify the aspect of the process that you're having
trouble with?

I think this is already in the tech section, but I put the seal in the
channel and then started with the front of the channel assembly by
getting the seal separated (using a jewler's screwdriver to coax it
apart) and over the edge of the glass at the very front. Once it's
started it's a matter of working slowly towards the real and using the
little jewler's screwdriver (or something similar) to help guide the
seal over the edge of the glass as you work your way back. It was a
little tedious but not particularly difficult. I suppose the seal
could be lubricated to help it slip over the edge of the glass, but I
put mine on dry.

You're right that the seal looks a lot nicer than the sloppy RTV and
leaves much more finished appearance.

   Knut