RE: [DML] Re: Grady's, HRC Angle drive

We really need to look at the speedo drive mechanism from a
system perspective.  Focusing on the angle drive alone isn't
enough.  All of that wear you are seeing is because of the
load on the output side from the speedo cables and
lambda counter.  The lower cable needs to spin freely
in it's sleeve, and the lambda counter must also move
freely.  Any binding in either will increase the load on
the angle drive and cause the wear you are seeing.  Tight
radius curves in the cables, pinching the cables with
cable ties, dirt and poor lubrication in the cable will
damage any angle drive, no matter how hard the gears.

--
Mike

-------------- Original message from <rob@xxxxxxxxxxx>: --------------