[DML] Quality of Aftermarket Parts

Hello Group,

Recently after reading a few posts regarding some aftermarket
products (tailight boards, hcr angle drives etc.) i'd like to post a
thank you letter.  Recently, after having researched, designed and
built a product for the DeLorean i would like to give a large thank
you to all of those who have been designing and comming up with new
products to keep our cars moving.

Attempting to come up with a solution to a specific DeLorean problem
is alot more work then the average owner understands.  After a
design or idea is created, comming up with a solution, or more
specificaly a long term reliable solution is more difficult.  Since
our cars are produced in a small number,  compared to say a corvette
or other production car, products are produced in smaller
quantities, and alot of vendors only like to make an item in larger
quantities for profit reason.  When i designed my new fan module,  i
cannot tell you how many plastic manufactures i talked to that would
not sell boxes in amounts less than 1000 units.  After you have have
suitable vendors you need to come up with every idea possible how
your new item is going to fail, so you can make changes so this does
not happen.  Personally i have tried of 22 diffrent fuse holders, 15
prototype units, 6 circuit board revisions, 42 diffrent software
version of the microcontroller software, before Rob and I were
happy.  It really is a love affair in a since.

After the above stages of development, you now have to make the part
somewhat profitable,  so most items we use are hand assembled, which
ensure quality, but slows down production.  What I am trying to say
is that prices are going to be slighty high, but you are receiving
what the builders sees as a quality product.  Everythign single
vendor out there goes through all these stressful proccess every day
to bring us the highest quality products available.  After building
my own product i now appreciate our vendors and what they do for
us.  I just wanted to share this with everyon who make become
unpatient with a product,  or insult the way it was designed.

-Shain Brannan