[DML] Re: Trailing Arm Bolts Replacement Advice Please......:) Update

[DML] Re: Trailing Arm Bolts Replacement Advice Please......:) Update

Hi

Thanks to all who emailed me and sent pics etc you were all a great
help.

Managed to do the #pig# drivers side one on saturday. Yes its an
automaitic.... A friend and i spent around 5 hours down a proper pit,
getting the old bent tab out and the new one back in. Old tab was in
an as new and shiny condition, only it was definatley bent perhaps 3
degrees about centre and of my 3no shims on that side, one was 50
percent rotated to the others . Bolt torque was checked prior to
removal and it was definatly not loose. Only the bend in the bolt was
making the shims rotate.

Thank god the head on the bolt had an allen key fitting, there is no
way of getting a socket and wrench back on the inside to torque it
all back up... and to any one who has had to do this job with the car
just on ramps my deepest sympathies!

I will be doing a 'How too' on this for future reference. Writing it
up whilst it is fresh in our memories :)

BTW I like the video link of the factory  posted recently.. with the
guy tightening up that tab... wish it was that easy!

Easier side will be done in the near future ...

And on another positive note my occasional rear clunk has definatley
now gone.....

Regards

Mike
#2001 Auto