Re: [DML] Re: Washer Motor

Thank you everyone for your great responses.  One
question I have to these responses.  The "rivnuts" -
are these similar in design to what I call "threaded
rivets" found in the rear fascia behind the license
plate bezel (black rectangluar piece)?  Anyone who's
ever taken their license plate bezel off will know
exactly what I'm talking about.  I looked at the
picture of these "rivnuts" at DMCH - they look
somewhat similar but are long and tube-shaped in
comparison to the ones in the rear
fascia-license-plate-area that were short and had no
real body to them - kind of a hollowed out cylindr in
a diamond shape.

I'll bet what could be done is one could drill them
out of the underbody, then replace them with brand new
ones from your favorite vendor of choice.  In doing
so, one would have to design a way to hold the new
rivnuts in place since if the old ones were drilled
out they would probably leave a bigger diameter hole
than before.  Interesting thought process.

And the little washer nozzle that sits on the
passenger side blade - WHy in the WORLD would it be on
that side?  It makes much more sense to me to put it
on the driver's side.  Unless I'm "duh" - mine is on
the passenger side - and I assume that's the way it's
supposed to be via the parts manual.

Does anyone know without-a-doubt-for-sure how much
liquid comes out of that nozzle?  I've never met
anyone whose DeLorean washer system worked properly,
so this is new territory for me.  Today's cars act
like they have a garden hose spraying the cleaner out.
 I know it won't be quite that much, but I'd like to
have an idea how much is dispersed for testing
purposes once I complete this repair.

Heh.  So much talk over something so small =P.  Sorry
if I'm wasting some of guys' time, but I want to get
this right the first time (or the second time as long
as it's the same day) =P.

Jeremiah

http://mail.yahoo.com