From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Shain Brannan
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2005 6:23 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [DML] Fanzilla Clones

Ryan,

Installing new fans into your car is an excellant idea, and i have
heard good things about John's new fans.  Although this is a partial
solution, you are looking at the problem in the wrong viewpoint.
The problem is not the cooling system,  but the instant draw of
current two fan motors places on the electrical system when the fans
engauge.  Your new fans may only run on 11 amps, and most likely
pulls double that on startup.  This is why Fanzilla and my module
attempt to stager the cooling fans.  If the only problem we had were
fan motors sizes, and the amperage it pulls there would have been
new fan motors over a decade earlier.  As for fan motors a good
friend of mine has 600k miles on his fans, and there still going
strong (bosch builds nice motors).  I'm not trying to say your
solution is bad,  it is just part of the solution.

-Shain Brannan

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews