[DML] Re: Turn Signal/Clock

Hi Gang - Relative to this thread on turn signal light behavior, I
just had an interesting situation with Winged1.  I started getting
the "fast flash" on the right hand turn indicator, which suggested
that one of the bulbs had gone bad, or one of the sockets had
developed either corrosion or a short circuit.  (As an aside, I have
both the front and rear side markers flashing with my turn signals)
Looking at the lights from the outside, the issue was with the right
front light, so I took it apart to examine the bulb, etc.  The bulb
appeared to be good, with no apparent issues with the filaments.  The
socket tested good with a test light.  Hmmmm.  I applied bench power
to the bulb, and the brighter filament was bad, even though the
filament looked visually okay.  Another aside - I had installed
generic bulbs many years ago.  In looking at the OEM replacement
bulbs that we have in our inventory at DPNW, the bulbs originally
supplied with the DeLorean are quite different in the appearance of
the contacts, and are much higher quality.  I was very surprised to
see the differences.  Bottom line - NEVER assume a light bulb is
good, even if it looks good with a visual inspection.  Always test if
in doubt.

Toby Peterson  VIN 2248 "Winged1"
DeLorean Parts Northwest, LLC
www.delorean-parts.com

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@xxxx>
wrote:
> If the flashers are not blinking right that is they way they tell
you
> either you have a bulb out or maybe one of them is the wrong type.
> Pull ALL the bulbs on the side that is flashing fast and clean and
> inspect them. Be very careful that you install them correctly. The
> large ones have 2 pins. One is lower than the other so you must
> install it correctly to have the right filiment on the stop/turn
> circuit. You could also have a grounding problem. Make sure all
ground connections are clean and tight.