Re: [DML] More good press for DeLorean's and their owners

Re: [DML] More good press for DeLorean's and their owners

 More good press for DeLorean's and their owners

I remember seeing it advertised back then in 1989 in Hemmings,the
 P.O.
was asking somewhere in the mid/upper Thirties K's.(when a regular
issue "new" D (there were "some" untitled D's still around)were
15K.
 I noticed in the picture that people had their hands on the
 panels,(or  it seems that way)
 Just a word of caution: That gold plating is Very fragile(if you
notice
even at the factory,they had to wear special cotton gloves,and
special 'lab coats' and nobody was allowed near the car for fear of
rubbing off the 24K plating(they also had a guard protecting it
24/7)
 From what I understand the 24k cars cannot be driven at high speed
(or
even in windy conditions)for fear of "sandblasting" parts of the
24k
off.(I got this info from one of the most knowledgeable people in
the Delorean field,(you deal with him everyday)
>From the history I have been made aware of, the panels used on the
last VIN were not gold plated by Consolidated. DMC was required as
part of the AmEx deal to have a spare set of panels on hand in case
one of the owners of the original gold cars needed a replacement
panel (due to a fender-bender or whatever). When the factory closed
down operations, the set of extra spare gold panels were used to
clad the last car,which it so rightly deserved,(and the right thing
to do with the panels)
instead of the 24K panels being sold
possibly piecemeal going to collectors around the globe, hanging in
dens/bars
Kinda ;like what is happening with a lot of the orignal  Delorean
Documents.
A thought came to mind I wonder IF they never went onto  the last D,--
IF DMCH would have gotten them in the deal of buying the inventory.
Or if Kapac would have kept those,History will NEVER know.
A true piece of history to have either way,
and a big(HUGE) kick in the ass,from all the "d" lovers
to that IDIOT that Knife scratched the finish on the 24K car.
 CBL

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Michael Babb <mcbabb@xxxx> wrote:
> Those links didn't work for me but these did:
>
> http://www.times-
news.com/articles/2005/09/26/sections/regional_news/general/news90.txt