Re: [DML] Steering lock doesn't unlock & Jiggling didn't help

Re: [DML] Steering lock doesn't unlock & Jiggling didn't help

Nick,
This sounds dumb,but try Telescoping/adjusting the steering wheel
up/down/in/out  a few times,that "might jar" The locking
deadbolt "loose".Basically what you have is something similar to a
door deadbolt on your front door,or at least the same concept!if
that "deadbolt" is jammed(from scoring/surface rust in its bore) no
matter how hard you try,it is NOT going to release,you will just wind
up braking the key off in the ignition switch!! Don't do that! What
you basically have to do is try to get some lubricant on
that "deadbolt" if somehow possible, If possible,take the plastic
housing off around the ignition switch,and if you could shoot some
penetrating fluid,(with that little tube attached),between the collar
of the ignition switch and the steering column(on the lower part is
the locking deadbolt)that should help free it up,remember THAT is one
of the most used areas,that never gets lubricated.You do not want to
have to replace the ignition switch,they are EASY to install but a
bear to remove,as they have two shear bolts,(the heads shear off at a
certain torque)and last time I did one I
had to drill them out,with a hand drill,to remove the Ignition switch.

Hope that Helps
CBL