Re: [DML] linear door lock actuators

For what it's worth, folks: I have Toby's door lock actuators and
there's an awful lot involved with them. Anyone looking to save money
by purchasing actuators elsewhere is going to be sorely disappointed.

For one, Toby's actuators are quite specific to the job; I'm not sure
if the actuators linked here will even fit in the right place, let
alone have the torque and speed required to unlock our doors.

For two, the actuators are only a part of a whole system. There is
custom hardware and electrical work involved; you don't just slap
actuators in and go. Basically it's just like Chris said: Toby's
actuator kits have the engineering done. I'm a decent engineer myself,
and I can tell you that duplicating Toby's setup would be 10 times
more effort than it's worth. By the time you're done "rolling your
own" you'll have spent any money you might have saved trying various
actuators and hardware combinations, not to mention countless hours
figuring out how to make it work. Then, will it keep working? Or will
it break and/or damage your locking mechanism a week later?

I use my car daily and have had Toby's setup installed for quite some
time now. I haven't had a single problem with it. Works perfectly
every time because it's been engineered specifically for our cars.

-Ryan