[DML] Re: Legend Turbo Deloreans

After seeing the photos I remember now the front wheels were on that
car, it had no steering rack and one of the rear wheels (or the rear
suspension, I don't remember exactly now) was missing so we had to
steer each front wheel and put a dolly under the rear. The frame was
nice but it looked like it was recently painted with a trowel. From
the pictures you can see how dirty everything was and how disassembled
things were. The motor (which was removed) was "supposed" to have been
from that car and was also supposed to be very low mileage (and
running when removed). One has to wonder why it was removed if it
worked and the frame was so nice. These pictures are not when we
removed all these parts but must be from an earlier time. No one took
pictures. I wish we had. No one will believe how bad the conditions
were. We moved a mountain of parts (not Delorean) to get much of the
Delorean parts and cars out of Claude's "indoor storage". I do
remember especially that we had a lot of difficulty moving the cars
with all the parts missing and the panels just laying on the car so
there was nowhere to push them without pushing the panels off the
cars! We had to use a floor jack and dollys to move the cars around,
if any of the cars did have  tires then they were flat! Some had
Vega?( I think) rims and junk tires. Parts were strewn everywhere. We
found things in drawers, shelves, boxes, etc. On the loft we were
removing tires for maybe 2 hours there were so many. To get to the
point, these pictures do appear to be of 570 but from them you cannot
get a sense of how bad it really looked. When we really got them
uncovered and Rob got a good look at them he confided that if he had
been able to get a good look at all of it beforehand he probably
wouldn't have touched this pile of cr-p. The mint doors were damaged
by being removed without removing the torsion bars first (as mentioned
by Claude) and of all the new parts that were supposed to be there we
did find a new windshield and a new sunshade in a box. Mostly we found
used parts, like 6 exhaust systems, 20 tires and rims, old fuel pumps,
etc. It did not make sense the amount of used parts we found in no way
matched the cars we found or that Claude claimed to have fixed.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757