RE: [DML] Re: Bob's AC problems.

I recently replaced the high pressure hose and R12, but nothing else.
I believe we added some oil but I don't know how much or what kind, a friend
did it for me.

While the belt was off, I could spin both the inner and outer parts of the
compressor freely.
The pullys are recent and spin freely also.
I have no explination for why the belt shredded, I had replaced it on the
way back from
Pigeon Forge when one of the pullys failed and killed the belt, it was not
long after
that my other belt did the same thing.
So they were both new.

I put a new belt on and everything worked fine.
I know I am having some sort of problem with the AC because the compressor
does not
cycle on and off while in operation, it just stays on all the time.
I have both fans wired to run all the time while the key is on (bypassed the
otterstat).
I also recently replaced the thermostat, and flushed the entire cooling
system, replaced hoses
and filled it with coolant.
Still, the car runs at the halfway mark, I haven't measured the actual temp
yet.

There is so much I need to do to this friggin car, I need to replace trhe
shift computer,
and I know I have an exhaust leak at the manifold, and I need to replace the
CV boots too,
not to mention the Flux Capicitor is on the fritz.
...just one of those days.
- VB