[DML] Re: RECOVERED in Seattle

It sounds like you got lucky? if lucky is having your car stolen and
then recovered! Anyway, before you talk to the insurance company send
some pictures of the damage to one of the Delorean venders and get
some idea what the parts are going to cost to restore it to the
condition it was before it was stolen. The vender can also probably
estimate the labor to do the work too. You may want to insist on
sending it to a Delorean vendor for this work. Ask what shipping costs
are there and back. The adjuster is not going to have any idea what
this is worth and would probably do what I am suggesting to try to
figure what this is worth so your doing this will give you a lot of
credibilty for damages and settling for what you will need to fix the
car. You can still do the work yourself AFTER you settle the claim, at
least you will be reembursed for it! You have the shipping costs to
negotiate over! Don't forget to put a claim in for whatever personal
stuff was in the car and is now missing. That may have to go on your
homeowner's policy. Keep the claim open until you are satisfied you
did not miss any hidden damage so you should try to drive the car
before any final settlement. Figure there has to be some damage from
forcing a door open too, not just the ignition and the steering
column. When you show up at the garage have the paperwork to prove you
are the owner of the car. The registration and title would be good. Do
not leave the car at the shop if you have a place you can take it home
to. They will try to talk you into letting them do the work but that
is not a great idea. Besides they will be running the meter on the
storage costs. All towing costs will be reembursed by your insurance
anyway. Save all bills.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757