[DML] Re: Steering Shaft Bushing

Nick and Alan - We have a replacement bushing that is made from
Delrin plastic, and will last you the rest of your car's life.  The
part comes with instructions on how to do this task as painlessly as
possible.  In answer to the question about using a bearing, this
would be fine, although the installation would be complicated by the
need to install a bearing retention housing.  This would entail
drilling two holes, and we would need to verify that the shaft
configuration has enough length in that area to allow for a bearing
and housing without interfering with the upper splined connection.
This installation would certainly be more complicated and expensive
than the much simpler bushing replacement.  We have been told by
knowledgeable customers that our bushings fit better than any others
currently available.

Toby Peterson  VIN 2248 "Winged1"
DeLorean Parts Northwest, LLC
www.delorean-parts.com

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Nick Kemp" <nkemp@xxxx> wrote:
> Ditto... I just figured out what those brittle parts laying on the
floor are....Broken old Steering Bushing pieces:-(

> And to overkill the solution, has anyone considered using a
bearing in a floating housing?

> Nick

Behalf