[DML] Re: Renting out the DMC

More imporant than what they actually pay you is that you HAVE to
insist on a "Certificate of Insurance". A static display is worth less
than a moving display, the length of time that they use it, if they
modify the car in any way for the event, etc. For a day it is worth
anywhere from $200 up. If you are expected to drive the car to the
event they should pay more and feed you. Usually they arrange for a
tow truck to pick up and return cars. Your insurance will not cover
any problems during a "commercial use" of your vehicle. Check with
your agent. Generally the event planner provides everyone with
insurance. Use common sense and don't leave anything valuable or loose
in the car. Document the car's condition prior to the event so if
anything happens there is no argument that it was like that before.
Try to get some pictures of it or video for future events to show off
the car.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757