[DML] Re: Radio

I pulled my radio out the other night.  I removed the center console
cover. It wasn't too hard, plus it allowed me to clean out th3 23
years worth of grime.(also found some chafed wires and a cracked
vacuum line). All of the nuts are visable on the center console. You
will have to unhook the window & defrost switches & lighter.  There
are 2 screws, 1 on each side towards the front of the console up
under the dash board(1 under passanger side dash and 1 under drivers
side dash) that hold the upper side wing portion of the console
cover.  Remove the whole console cover and you can reach right
behing the radio and remove the bolt holding it in. Mine was only
finger tight so I just unscrewed it with my fingers. Drop the rear
of the radio down and then pull the front up through the opening
where the vents were.  Then you should be able to reach in and
disconnect all the wiring. I just bought a newer cd player today.
Maybe I'll get time tonight to install it.  I'll let you know how it
goes. Or if you've already put yours in, let me know how it goes.
I've been told I should replace the speakers too, as they weren't
very good speakers to start with.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Joey Morgan <jlm1701music@xxxx>