[DML] Re: VIN Conflict

15XXX and 16XXX VIN's are 10XXX and 11XXX VIN's that missed the l;ast
DMC boat out of of Belfast and were re-VIN'd as '83 models by
Consolidated International. 17XXX VIN's appear to be all 12XXX VIN's
jusing by the VIN under the headliner.

Glued on dash VIN plates (vs riveted) and 1983 emission labels palced
ove rthe top of the 82 labels are giveaways that those particular cars
were among the re-VIN'd ones.

This accounts for skipped numbers in the 10XXX, 11XXX, 15XXX and 16XXX
VIN series. For example, your VIN 16908 means that there is no VIN
11908 in existence.

James