RE: [DML] Want to see a Gold DeLorean?

Congratulations on your exciting event, Jeremiah.  You must have been
thrilled to take those pictures.  Many of us saw 20105 at the DCS in
Cleveland, but we didn't get to sit in it.

This car is a darling of the DML, it has been mentioned in a number of
threads.  You can read some of its history in the back issues.  Look for
a report that Kapac (or perhaps Consolidated) sold this car by raffle
shortly after DMC closed its doors.

I believe the other gold DeLoreans are all VINed as 1981s.  This VIN is
from 1983, despite the lines in the hood.  That is strong evidence that
at least part of the car was assembled from parts leftover from the
original run of gold cars.

I would call VIN 20105 a gold plated DeLorean that was assembled at the
end of the 1983 model run.  I would not call it a 1983 DeLorean that was
gold plated.  Many 1983 DeLoreans left the factory with minor
peculiarities, but VIN 20105 puts them all to shame!

- Mike Substelny
  driving an ordinary stainless DeLorean