Re: [DML] distributor cap and rotor

I'll have to try that next time.  I figured the lines were too tight but it
makes sense and would save on the washer cost.  I always just take the lines
off because it's easier for me and I usually will do other things i might
think off while the Mix Unit is off.

Replacing the copper washers is the only cost you may want to save because
if you have to take them off again if you don't do something right they have
to be replaced (again.)

Definitely buy that workshop manual!

Jeff in NC

>From: "spaceboy_2912" <seanmm@xxxxxxxxxx>
>To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: [DML] distributor cap and rotor
>Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 14:06:28 -0000
>
>I would not recommend removal of the fuel lines as it is not
>necessary and requires you to replace all those copper seals, about
>$20, and you risk exposure of dirt and debris to the fuel system
>after the fuel filter. If you simply remove the throttle tubes and
>linkage then maneuver the mixture unit, hoses and all, out of your
>way you can access the distributor. In some cases it may be
>necessary to remove the CSV line as Jeff stated but not always
>required. I've done this procedure on at least 20 DeLoreans and have
>never removed the fuel lines, short of the occasional CSV hose. But
>you defiantly need to invest in a workshop manual and since all the
>vendors pretty much have the same workshop manual just buy one from
>your favorite.
>Best of luck
>seanM

[moderator snip]