Re: [DML] Stolen in Seattle

I feel for you, Brent.  I was at the tech session too and had a blast.
 People freely shared their knowledge with me (a 4 month newbie) and I
learnt a lot.

Concerning how easy it is to take a car, there is a show on the
Discovery Channel called Reposessors(sp?).  What the hired guns did
was simply attaching chains to the tow hooks and winch the vehicle up
a hydraulic truck bed at an angle.  The whole thing was accomplished
in 2 minutes flat.  It doesn't matter if the parking brakes had been
set or not.

Someone mentioned contacting the news channels, I thought that's a
great idea.  With many people keeping an eye out for your car, the
thief will be "encouraged" to abandon the stolen vehicle.

If you have pictures of your car, forward the information to Port of
Tacoma and Port of Seattle and ask them to look out for anyone
shipping the D out of country or to Alaska.

Steve
VIN#04421

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "brentbeecher" <brentbeecher@xxxx>