[DML] Re: Ultimate 1/24 Scale DeLorean Model

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Michael Substelny" <msubstel@xxxx> wrote:
> John,
>
> That is a fantastic model.  Your research must have been very thorough.
> Do you own a full-sized 1981 DeLorean, or do you just know every inch of
> one as well as an owner would?
>
> If there were such a thing as a concours competition for 1/24th scale
> DeLorean models yours would probably dominate the field.
>
> - Mike Substelny

I do now finally own a "real" '81 (though a 5-speed w/o gas flap) as
of about 6 weeks ago.  I just finally got license plates for it!
Having studied the car's structure for so many years has made working
on it a little easier.  It's great to see some detail I made in the
model 11 years ago on my own car.  I've collected about every
book/magazine/brochure out there, and I was active in the DeLorean
Owner's Association from about 1993-1998.  I visited DeLorean One in
CA when I was about 15 to see some cars in various stages of
disassembly. It blew me away.  I look forward to seeing any other
DeLorean service center in the future.  There are still some surprises
though, especially relating to the engine.  Nothing beats hands-on
experience.

Thanks for the kind words!

-John