Re: [DML] Radio

Hi Joey,

The radio should just come out from it's own slot, no?  Mine was mounted
from the front of the console panel, so it slid right out, which may or
may not be the correct way...  Sounds like your radio may be mounted
from behind the center console panel, so I am assuming that's why you
want to pull it out the air vents' slot (the radio's opening is too
small for the body of the radio?)?

When I took mine out, I removed the center vents and their little rubber
booties to get access with a very small pliers to manage to break loose
the bolt on the back of the radio which secures it to that metal
strap/bracket.  Once I loosened this tiny bolt, I could then remove it
with my fingers & the radio just slid right out.  As I recall, there's
quite a bit of room back there once the radio is free from the bracket
strap, so you may in fact be able to wiggle it up and through...

Be VERY careful when you're in there, however, to not knock of the back
of A/C mode switch, where all the vaccum lines connect to....  I did
this, wnd panicked when I heard the "whooosh", but it reconnected just
fine afterwards.

Good luck, hope this helps...
- ed
1982 DMC-12 (11594)