RE: [DML] distributor cap and rotor

Well first off if you don't have a workshop manual get one!!!  DMC sells
great books.

Second, if you have competent mechanical skill it's not too difficult to
access the Ignition Distributor.

Without typing a book here goes:

Remove All Fuel lines from Fuel Distributor but remove the cold start line
first.
Remove Idle Speed Motor
Remove Mixture Control Unit with Fuel Distributor attached if you'd like to.
  Make sure to loosen the throttle connecting rod from the spindle by
removing the clip at the end of the shaft and unplug the thin vacuum line
coming from the throttle body that connects by the AC Compressor and unplug
the microswitch and vacuum solenoid behind the Mix Unit.

You have access to the distributor.

Now just pry back the clips with a flathead remove cap and replace with new
parts from DMC (Houston or Florida.)

Reinstallation is a breeze but I would HIGHLY recommend that you purchase
the service manual and it is a good idea to replace the copper washers for
the fuel lines.  Be sure not to overtighten the fuel line bolts.  If you're
strong it is very easy to snap them off (I did it a few times) so torque
them down to book specifications.

Also, be sure when you reinstall the Mix Unit that the Cup Seal is properly
seated and lube the o-ring for the idle speed tube to pass through.  I
usally put grease on the tube itself also.

Let us know how it goes.

Jeff in NC