Re: [DML] Re: Totaled DeLorean

Just a little more information. My house and properties were covered not
only in just water by sludge, salt, and sewage (possibly more). #10544 was
in need of massive frame repair before this happened and now is in need of
more than just that. I was surprised to hear that someone repaired a
DeLorean that was submerged for 4 months. While the body and engine may
survive (its hard to get water into many cylinders without the engine
running to suck it in) but the saltwater will wreak havoc on all of the
electronics, computers, and connectors. I'd be afraid that getting the car
running again would be feasible but that difficult and unusual problems
would arrise later down the road.
 If you've never seen first hand the mess that a mississippi mudwater flood
can cause its hard to explain how you jsut can't hose it off and let it dry.
Personally I could salvage other items out of my house like the dishes and
other non-moving/non-electric items, but given the scope of the loss saving
those couple hundred dollars of stuff just isn't worth it.
 I have salvaged some strange sentimental items like my framed 1920 FAA
flight regulations parchment. It will never be the same but will hang back
on the wall one day framed in its tattered state so I can look at it years
from now and remember all of the things that didn't make it. Thanks for all
the good wishes from everyone on the list. I'll be back, but if someone
manages to get a working flux-capacitor do me a favor and check in on me @
28 Aug 05. :)
 Cheers
 Jeff
 "Shiny or not, DeLoreans make crappy lures."

 On 9/9/05, Qume Fox <qumefox@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I plan on keeping the car after they total it and based on the
> > widespread distruction my agent advises they may allow me to do so
> free of
> > charge. They have so many cars to haul out of here its a logisitcal
> > nightmare.
> > Looking to rebuild and move on I may be moving to Germany with a
> new job
> > soon. I can't wait to tool around on the Autobahn in my new
> DeLorean, this
> > time make it a turbo!
> > Signing off for now,
> > Jeff Phillips