Re: [DML] Totaled DeLorean - important info about your insurance

Re: [DML] Totaled DeLorean - important info about your insurance

Hello Jeff

I'm really sorry to hear that your DeLorean didn't survive....
But I can give you some advice what to do when you talk to the insurance
company. This is important information that they don't want you to know!
When you talk to them, agree on what the car is worth. This is what they
will pay you when they total the car. Talk to them as you wouldn't know
anything and pretend it's ok. Then right before they print out your check
'remind' them that they have to add sales tax to the final value of the car!
It is the law. They cannot say no and they cannot lower the value of the car
once you agree on it. If you mention the tax before you agree on the value
they will lower it.
Now what I did once in Florida was to ask them if they want to pay me the
sales tax on the final value of the car or if they would rather let me keep
the title. And guess what... they paid me what the car was worth (then I
bought the car back from them) and I kept a clear title! This way you might
be able to keep the car on the road. Don't let another DeLorean die without
a fight!
If you have any questions about this you can email me privately. I'd be glad
to help you out.

Tom Niemczewski
tomciodmc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx -> www.deloreana.com
VIN 6149 (in Poland!)