[DML] Speedo says my car is possessed

My DeLorean is mad at me.  I let it get hit.  Without getting into the
collision specifics, let me just say that it wasn't my fault but I am to
blame.

But now, my injured car is acting wounded.  The stereo stopped responding
and the motorized faceplate is flipped halfway out.  About 2 minutes after
that happened, the speedo became a bit inaccurate, wavering between 12 and
99 MPH before dropping limp.  Oddly, an hour later it reversed the above
procedure and started working again.

I'm guessing that the angle drive is bad and the current level of function
is temporary serendipity.  However, this is already the second angle drive
I've installed in 7 years, which is an average service life of about 8000
miles.  This is a bit low, considering the price of this part.  (I don't
even change my OIL after only 8000 miles!)

For the moment I'm going to assume the lower speedo cable is binding.  Is
there any way to test that theory?  There's obviously a problem if I can
barely turn it with my fingers, but I'm guessing it will be somewhere
between "slight to moderate resistance" which means "I can't tell if this
is good or not".

Gus Schlachter
VIN #4695
Austin, Texas