[DML] Standard Transmission

( Moderator's note: check the archives. This topic has been discussed numerous times.)

To the veterans and guys that like to tinker with power, I am curious
as to how much horsepower and torque you are able to squeeze with the
standard Delorean 5-speed without breaking it or the axels.

I have seen a website with one of the cars on the list that has either
a Chevy v6 or v8 that is rated at a little over 300 HP.  I also think
its turbocharged, but he is still using the standard trans without any
problems.  130 to 300 is a big jump for a transmission without having
to modify anything.

If it can safely take 300HP then could it be modified to take any
more?  I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row because I want to
change my car over to the 5-speed anyway.

Japheth
VIN: 1223