[DML] Proper tire pressures

For the origional NCT's and the car driven at normal highway speeds
the pressures on the label apply. If you change the tires to a
different type, drive at very high speeds for a long time, or carry
excessive weight in the car you have to change the air pressures. I
would start with the pressures on the label and if you watch the tire
wear you will know which way to go. Get a tread gauge (they are cheap)
and measure the tread in several places paying attention to the
difference between the middle of the tread and the center. When you
find the pressure that gives you even wear you have it! Always measure
COLD ie, before you drive the car. Whatever you do the fronts should
both have the same pressure and the rears the same too. Front and rear
pressures can (and should) be different but both tires on the same
axle MUST have the same pressures. Invest in an accurate tire gauge,
not one of those pencil types, either a digital gauge or a mechanical
gauge. For most of us the pressures on the label are a good place to
start.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757