Re: [DML] Question.....AND fuel accumulator question answered

Re: [DML] Question.....AND fuel accumulator question answered

Here is a great article with pictures on how to do it.
http://jason.kitcarmagazine.com/delorean/fuelaccum.htm

As the diagram shows, be particularly careful with #1.
 That looks like one of the main metal fuel lines.  In
fact, verification of this can be seen at
http://www.usadmc.com/dmcstore/ViewDir.asp?PageID=18&PageCat=2%2DFuel+and+Emission+System
.  Look at the accumulator - #39.  Than the metal fuel
tube is #30.  You don't want to break that.  Just be
REALLY gentle and really light - use LOTS of penetrant
spray (Liquid Wrench for example).  In fact, when you
think you're going to do this, it would be a good idea
to spray it with the penetrant spray at least a day
ahead of time.  That lets the spray sit and work its
magic so you could be ensured at least a easier time
breaking the connector (#1) loose.

Ok, now back to this post here.  TABs are important -
no doubt.  To put it bluntly, they basically hold the
entire rear suspension together.  Lots of info
here:http://dmcnews.com/Techsection/tabolts.html .
And what can happen to your car if you neglect them
here: http://dmcnews.com/Techsection/rollover.html
Good to see the tollbooth window survived =P.

Seriously though, it's a great idea to replace them.
The way you can know if they're starting to go (and
this is only what I've heard, I have not actually
experienced these symptoms, so please - all
ready-to-go lawsuits and critics - hush): you'll feel
a "bump" right below you.  I mean directly below your
butt to put it aptly; it'll be a hard bump like if you
hit a pothole, but it should be cyclic in motion -
constantly reoccurring.  That means the bolts could be
bending abnormally, and it's time to slow down getting
home and park the car until you fix it.

Jeremiah

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs