[DML] Re: How do I replace reverse safety pin on shift linkage

[DML] Re: How do I replace reverse safety pin on shift linkage

Being as impatient as I am, and not waiting for what I am sure would
have been excellent advice, I went to a local hardware store and
bought the same diameter/length tensioner pin.  The broken pin
easily pulled out with pliers and I tapped in the new one.  It works
fine now - no more accidentally putting the car into reverse!

Paul
--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "sweetp01569" <paul.sweet@xxxx>
wrote:
> I received a few posts on my problem earlier this month where I
had
> trouble looking for second gear when shifting. Someone mentioned
> that the reverse safety pin on the shift linkage could bent. This
is
> the safety pin that makes it so you have to pull up on the shifter
> to put the car into reverse.
>
> I looked at it today, and that is exactly the problem.  The pin
> completely broke off!  The broken half was sitting inside the
> linkage area.  Thus, when I am looking for second gear, I am also
> fishing around reverse and fourth gears instead of being confident
> to shove the stick all the way to the left into second gear.
Thus,