Re: [DML] Re: DeLorean radar detectors

[MODERATOR'S NOTE: Further followups on this thread need to have a clear association with the charter of the list.]

For the purposes of detection, the radar antenna would have to be transmitting a signal in order for the detector to detect a signal.  Correct?   You know there a feature known as a "hold button".   This keeps the radar on the "on" position without having the signal being transmitted.  So, if you are being tracked by an Officer who's radar is on hold, how is the radar detector going to detect the signal?   Would that be right after he has tracked and locked your vehicles speed?

In addition, you do not necessarily have to be out front of a pack of vehicles to be stopped for speeding using radar.  That's where the tracking history comes into play.  The tracking history establishes your speed being faster that the other vehicles around you. i.e pulling away.  To add to this, the Stalker Duel Radar which is manufactured by Applied Concepts has the ability to track two vehicle simultaneously with the use if the "faster" button.  Not to mention the ability to track a vehicle speed approximately 8 different ways in both the moving and in the stationary mode.  So all the Officer would need is a tracking history, proper training on the radar, ( People V.S. Nantucket ), and ensure that the indicated patrol speed on the radar is confirmed with the actual patrol speed on the patrol vehicle's speedometer.  End result, a ticket.

Richard
VIN 2800

David Teitelbaum <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The Valentine 1 is supposed to have shielding so it cannot be detected
by a radar detector detector. It is also (I think) using a super het
freq different then what is being searched for. You need to go to the
Valentine website occasionally and, using the serial # of your
detector, check for software upgrades. The newest one is for POP and
European mode for $75. Virginia is especially tough but what they are
doing is not legal by Federal Law. Be sure to get a reciept and a
lawyer can get your unit back. They cannot just take away personal
property without fair compensation. If you understand the physics
behind radar speed ranging the detectors will always win unless they
hit you with instant on and you are out in front and don't have any
time to slow down. The faster you go above the speed limit the more
time required to slow down. A radar detector is no guarantee you will
not get stopped, it just improves your chances. If you drive like a
maniac eventually you will either get caught or you will kill
yourself. Deloreans present a low return target for radar (not laser).
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Packodenton@xxxx wrote:

> Thank you very much for the information & your experiences on the
radar
> detectors for the DeLorean. The DeLorean that I saw in the DeLorean
One
> commercial had a full stealth front and rear remote radar
detector...impressive &
> clean installation. I meet the owner while on tour in South
Carolina several