[DML] My '81 DeLorean for Sale Charlotte, NC

[DML] My '81 DeLorean for Sale Charlotte, NC

Hey List,
My 1981 Grey Interior 5-speed VIN #5252 is up for sale. I thought I'd
let you guys know before I put the car up for sale on collector car
trader or anything like that. It's a true daily driver DeLorean. It
has been it's past 3 owners only car, and has been driven every day
since it's extensive restoration in 1998. Receipts totalling around
$20,000 from it's DeLorean Motor Center restoration in 1998, and well
documented maintenance dating as far back as the mid 1980s. The car
currently has 84,000 miles. It fires up happily every time, and idles
perfectly. The car has a solid frame: it resided in California until
it came to the East coast in 1998. Though I have only owned this
particular DeLorean 2 years, I've known the car's past two owners,
and have spent a good amount of time in the car since 2000.

Cosmetically it's very nice... the stainless has been regrained to a
beautiful sheen, the fascias have been repainted, and the wheels have
been powder coated. Many extra little touches such as a custom
stainless radiator screen have been added. Interior is nice and show
presentable, but the binnacle is cracked and the driver's seat has a
crack on the back as well (I am a total perfectionist in regards to
DeLoreans). I will consider fixing/replacing these items for a
serious buyer. Headliners are new with Grady fiberglass backing
boards. Original floormats included. Sound system has been upgraded
and really thumps: $400 El Kameleon CD player, Rockford Fosgate
speakers all around, and a Pioneer amplified bass tube. 170 MPH
speedo.

Mechanically the car has too many updates/upgrades to list here. It
has all Zilla mods (Fan, Tank, Lock, plus an alarm system);
electrical, and cooling system upgrades all completed. Since I've
owned the car ALL (including under intake manifold) hoses have been
replaced with silicone; all belts, and tires have been replaced as
well(Michelin Pilots $$$). I've upgraded the radiator to a brass 3-
core, and I just installed a new 140 Amp alternator. All workshop
manuals included.

It would take very little to make this car perfect. I hate to sell
it, but my current priority is buying a condo. Anyone who knows me
knows my passion for the DeLorean automobile, and I will hope to have
another one within a couple of years (I've always wanted an automatic
anyways!). I just can't imagine life without a DeLorean. Email me for
further details and for pictures Louie(AT)DeLorean.com or call my
cell: 704-591-2447.

Louie Golden
VIN #5252 Charlotte, NC