[DML] re: DeLorean radar detectors

If you are interested in a remote detector, which I am a huge fan of, my personal favorite brands are Whistler and Uniden for ease of installation and use. Escort and K40 remotes are much more difficult and time-consuming to install, or at least the ones I dealt with were. The K40 (current top of their line model) I installed about a month ago turned out to be missing a part and the purchaser had lots of trouble with K40s customer service department getting them to ship him a replacement part...that make me think twice about giving K40 my own money.
On my daily driver I run an Escort 8500 X50 and the range is absolutely incredible, but being someone who works in law enforcement in an area where everyone knows one another, when the time comes for my next D, you can bet it will have a remote detector...no use drawing even more attention (w/a visible radar detector) to a vehicle that already draws enough!