Re: [DML] Re: best battery to put in

Dear Mark V:

By your comments, I guess I will let PJ Grady recheck my DeLorean's
electrical system again for I am due to their shop next week.

In the past, Rob and Pat haven't found anything electrically wrong except
with the cooling fan's circuit breakers and the Fanzilla's connectors being over
taxed under heavy use over the years.   I have even upgraded the Fanzilla
Series 1 to the Series 2 two years ago upon Robâs suggestion.   And yes, Pat at PJ
Grady does check all the grounding points on the chassis for cleanliness as
to insure a good contact, when my car is at PJ Grady at least once if not twice
a year. They know that my DeLorean is daily driven and I would take long
trips many times a year exceeding over a 1,000 miles one way.   They always gave
my DeLorean a good go over and if anything that is not right, it gets
corrected, no matter the cost -- electrical, mechanical or other wise.

About auto amplifiers.   There are many "so called" high power amps on the
market with some operating different or better then others and it has been that
way for the last thirty plus years as far as I can remember.

My experiences with high power amplifiers in my DeLorean are as follows; my
first one I had installed was Blaupunkt amp along with a head unit and
auxiliary CD changer unit back in the Fall of 1996.  I got rid of the whole system
after five years and replaced it with a JL Audio 300/4 amp and Eclipse head unit
and a CD changer.   The JL amp was good sounding but the JL amp drew too much
power and with the headlights and A/C on, the horns wouldn't work.   Also when
the audio system is playing and if I was to flash the high beams, the amp
would cut out and come back on.   That was a nuisance, so I decided to take the
DeLorean to an authorized JL Audio dealer and installer as to have the amp and
the electrical system checked out... They found nothing wrong and that the amp
is functioning "normally."   So, about eight months later I had the JL amp
remove and replaced it with the Sinfoni120.4x amp.   This amp has a higher power
output and it draws less power than the JL amp.   The Sinfoni amps is a great
sounding amp and the JL Audio amp now sits in the basement were I last left
it some two years ago.

The alternator was updated, it is a 140 amp from Mr. John Harvey some two
years ago.   With ALL the electric components on and while creeping in NYC's rush
hour traffic, the electrical demand will swing wildly between the battery and
the alternator in order to supply the electrical demand in the extreme hot
and the cold seasons.   As I was told, this occuring situation can or will cause
an early demise to the battery and or the alternator as well.   I believe
this is what is happening.   The bottom line?   Next to the DeLoreanâs
uniqueness, the sound system is what I value when I am driving it especially on long
trips.

Anyway, maybe you want to take a crack in checking out my DeLorean's
electrical system?   I will compensate you for your time.   Maybe you may have a
better understanding or have better luck then us?

Kayo Ong
Lic 9D NY