Re: [DML] Performance Exhaust for Delorean

mike p wrote:

>Hi, does anyone know where I can buy a performance
>exhaust free of catalyic converters for my Delorean
>other than from the UK.  I know DMC Houston sells the
>cat ones but I heard they have to install it too.
>
>Thanks,
>Mike

I've been looking for a good free flow exhaust ever since I got my D
over a month ago and i've yet to find anyone in the US that makes them
other than DMCH.. and yes, from what i've found out, they do have to
install them.  Not sure why they won't sell them outright, guess they
just want the labor $$$.  What i'll most likly do when I get to the
point of worrying about the exhaust is run the formula's, and have one
of the local exhaust shops mandrel bend me some tubing and put my
welding skills to the test fabricating my own set of headers.. It'll
probably be a major pain in the butt, but for me it'll be alot better
than shipping my car to texas for who knows how long and paying more
than i'd really like too for an exhaust system that isn't really what I
want anyway.. (don't want cats) Plus building my own headers would let
me tune the primaries to the rpm range I wanted, and not one somebody
else desided on.

--

Chris
VIN# 03209