[DML] Re: how do i depressure the fuel system?

[DML] Re: how do i depressure the fuel system?

All you have to do is wait. On a tight system it can take a while but
if the accumulater is bad the pressure will drop in just a couple of
minutes. Even with a deppressurized system there is plenty of fuel in
the accumulater and the lines. Be very careful not to get it in your
face. Eye protection is an excellant idea and keep your mouth closed.
When working on fuel I use Nitrile gloves now. Some of the additives
in fuel are nasty and should not come in contact with bare skin.
Keeping  a bucket of water and a fire extinguisher handy is just
common sense. If you get fuel in your face having a bucket of water
nearby will look like a very good idea. Do not use a troublelight or
other ignition source when working on the fuel system. Treat fuel like
the explosive it is. Tell all your smoker friends to come back AFTER
you have finished. Hold back on the hard lines and DO NOT  allow them
to twist. If you damage them you will have to lift the body to replace
them. Just have a large container to catch the spillage, there is A
LOT of fuel in the accumulater. Sitting overnight should depressurize
even a "tight" system. It is not that bad a job, just very tight
working quaters. Use good (not worn) metric wrenches. No pliers or
vise-grips or adjustable wrenches. When done check for leaks and do
not use teflon tape. It is advisable to replace the fuel filter too,
soon after replacing the accumulater.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "blackaddertoo" <blackaddertoo@xxxx>