RE: [DML] Re: JZD article

I musta missed the post with the article.  Can someone link me to a copy of
this or tell me where to find it?  I can only read posts in my emails
because it'll never let me log on at the actual site.

Without reading the article but reading all of the posts about it here's my
$.02

I feel that John DeLorean was a man well ahead of his time.  His innovations
and ideas for the future were brilliant and I believe that had fate not
dealt him the hand it did he would not have stepped out of the spotlight so
prematurely.

He was infact a businessman and a brilliant engineer.  I suppose there are
people out there (like the writter of the controversial article you all are
talking about) who do not think very highly of John Zachary Delorean...

...but we do.

For the car and the dreams he gave us we are forever greatful.  For all our
lives he has made a difference.  He took our dreams of SS and gave them
wheels and made them something tangible.  For it was HIS dream to create the
car but it quickly became our dream when he pulled it out of the realm of
fantasy to become something we could all see.

I think that JZD knew he made a difference for all of us.  How many owners
are left out there?  7,000?  How many enthusiasts?  Twice or three times
that?  How many people come up to you at a gas station to admire the car,
full of wonder and question?  Infinite

For that I think his dream will always live on for it's ours now and it's
our responsibility to keep it going.  I believe John is resting...probably
reclining back in the seat of Proto 1, eyes closed, and imagining what the
future holds for us down here and what we're going to do with what he
built...with what he started.  Or maybe he's thinking back...remembering the
good times and just staying in those moments.

People who write negatively about anything or anyone can never take it back.
  It isn't mere words anymore.  I look forward to reading the article only
to see what you all have been discussing.  But don't let it bother you guys.
  It's just one mans opinions and bad as they may be he is entitled to them.
  Don't forget though, next year all of us are coming together in
celebration of the the man, the company and the car.  I think our opinions
are the only ones that truly matter and ours will always hold John Zachary
DeLorean with the highest regard.

Jeff in NC

>From: "byrondelorean" <celiambyron@xxxxxxx>
>To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [DML] Re: JZD article
>Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 02:48:15 -0000
>
>Well, I read the article, this guy should hang out with Monster garage
>Jesse. I replied with the following statement:
>Dear DAVID E. DAVIS, JR,
>I would hope that you write a nice apology letter to the children of
>John DeLorean.  How dare you. Hmm let see, John stirred up interest
>through national campaigns with Auto Dealers that fully respected
>John. He knew them by name, took care of their needs well before the
>launch of his own car. The man worked very hard. I would consider his
>dedication to his job as Peter Jennings did with his. Is John the only
>person in the world to sell investors on a projected future? The
>business is either a success or failure. The DeLorean Automobile spoke
>for itself, today is still the most beautiful production vehicle ever.
>You win or lose. John was acquitted of all charges related to the
>issues. John had become withdrawn from the world while you lived
>happily. You only live once, he wanted to achieve personal goals, and
>at the same time improve transportation. For your information the car
>is not a dud, it is one of the most reliable automobiles to date.
>Perhaps you should do some modern research www.delorean.com. Very
>frightening article, you have revealed your true self.  Total lack of
>respect for the man, he made it because he earned it. Let's see what
>you look like? Are you as good looking as John was? My guess is
>probably not. Johns chin was broken (sports) and was repaired
>unfavorably. He refused to let doctors repair it.
>
>Byron, MI.

[moderator snip]