Re: [DML] Co2 set

Hi,

It's amazing how little you guys know about the frequency valve and the
mixture adjustment.... Let me say this - YOUR CO IS WRONG! It will need to
be readjusted. The frequency valve needs to run all the time. If it doesn't
run it means that the CO is far out of spec that the ECU cannot control it
anymore. The CO is set with measurement taken before the catalytic
converter. You need to replace the O2 sensor because the adjustment will not
work. You CANNOT absolutely set the mixture by ear!! Why you might ask?
Because you will not be able to tell if the FV is running at 60-40 duty or
20-80 and that is important. Read the shop manual for the step-by-step
procedure on how to set the CO.
No wonder so many people have problems with their DeLoreans and that so many
think the car is crap. You absolutely cannot do some things by feel alone.
The CO adjustment is the perfect example here. Of course you might say that
'I've done it this way many times and it worked'.... right, the car will
run, at emissions testing it will seem clean (thanks to the cat) but in
reality the engine will run out of it's parameters either overheating from
running too lean or washing the rings from running to rich. But you will
find out about that when its too late.

Have the CO readjusted and don't forget to replace the O2 sensor if it
wasn't replaced already.

Good luck

Tom Niemczewski
tomciodmc@xxxxxxxxxxx pl -> www.deloreana.com