[DML] Re: Torsion Bar "Relief"...........

[DML] Re: Torsion Bar "Relief"...........

Without doing a whole engineering analysis we can go by history and
experience. The majority of the "fleet" keeps the doors closed with no
ill effects. It does not seem to affect the torsion bar adjustment.
The main problem appears to be the limited lifetime of the struts
which affects the adjustment and leaving the doors open "may" help in
that case. An alternative could be to remove the struts and close the
doors for long-term storage. IMHO it is safest to keep the doors
closed. Keeps the inside cleaner, no animals can get in, and you can
put a cover over the car. I DO recomend a small piece of rubber
between the rear hinge and the torsion bar so the bar cannot rub and
get scratched by the rear hinge.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757