Re: [DML] Door Lock Solenoids

Paul,

If your locks are currently working, the best (also happens to be the
cheapest!) way to ensure they will continue working and not lock you
in is to replace the solenoids with linear actuators. The entire kit
is only $100 from DPNW.

http://delorean-parts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=DPNW&Product_Code=K2500DP&Category_Code=9401

The problem with the door locks is twofold; the lock controller is
under engineered, and the lock solenoids draw too much current.
Replacing the solenoids significantly reduces the current draw on the
controller. Technically, you could also replace the controller if you
wanted to be 100% sure of no future problems. Or, you can rebuild it
(cheap), pay someone to rebuild it (still cheap, I think John Hervey
does this), or upgrade to a Lockzilla (expensive and unnecessary in my
humble opinion).

-Ryan