[DML] More on tire pressure

I remember the discussion on tire pressure of several weeks ago, so let me add my two cents worth based upon a recent
experience.

I recently replaced the tires on my car with Michelin Pilots: P195/60R14 in the front and P235/60R15 in the rear. Both
of these tires are rated for a maximum pressure of 44 PSI.

While the Michelins were better than the  cruddy replacements that were on the car when I bought it, I noticed that the
ride was still pretty stiff, there was a lot of road noise, and whenever the tires hit any kind of bump on the road
there was an audible "thump."

Well, I finally thought to check the pressure in the tires and found that both the front and rear tires had been
inflated to 40 PSI by the shop instead of the 23 PSI called for in front and 30 PSI in the rear. I deflated both the
front and rear to about 4 PSI over the pressures that DMC had called for.

Wow! What a difference, less road noise and much better handling - a much more comfortable ride.

Steve
Vin 3319