[DML] Followup on transmission flange seal fix

[DML] Followup on transmission flange seal fix

Some time back I asked the group for some details on the stainless
sleeve that Rob Grady sells to improve the seal at the flange for
drive axel.

I'm happy to report that together with a new replacement seal that
the sleeve fixed my seeping transmission seal problem slicker than a
whistle. There were no surprises with installation of the setup and
it went together like a dream. I can see why they warn you to be
careful getting it started on the shaft straight, but I had no
trouble getting it on straight the first time and tapped into place.

My final drip I'm fixing next weekend is some weeping at the crank
seal behind the main belt pulley. I'm sure this has been posted
before, but I seem to have no luck using the Yahoo search engine
(and I think the DMCNews one might be a little stale), BUT -- what
is the nut size on the main crank? I'll need to swing by and pick up
the proper socket for my impact wrench, and I'd like to ensure I get
the right one the first time. Is a pulley puller needed to get the
pulley off after the nut is removed or is it held in plce by the nut
only (not pressed on)?

For those that are wondering what kind of POS I'm working on, it's
my daily driver that has roughly 175,000 miles on it. I think having
to replace a transmission flange seal after that kind of use seems
pretty reasonable. I finally replaced my original Moto alternator a
couple weeks ago as well, and I'm pretty satisfied getting 175K
miles of service out of it. After having my friend's Porsche on my
lift this weekend, I have really come to appreciate how serviceable
our DeLoreans are.

    Knut