Re: [DML] Replacing the fuel pump

Robert, I'm going by memory here, so bear with me...

The worst part about it is getting into the tank itself.  First,
disconnect your battery and then the leads on the pump.  Then
disconnect the send and return lines from the top of the pump.  From
here, you can pop the boot out but be careful as the pickup and return
lines inside the tank are attached to the baffle.

If you are planning to replace the pickup screen (recommended when you
replace the pump) or any of the hoses or baffle, you should drain as
much fuel out as you can.  I used a cheap pump from Harbor Freight and
an empty gas can.  Get it down to practically nothing if possible.
Now is a good time to clean the inside of the tank.

Remove the clamp on the bottom of the pump and the clamp around the
pump.  It should just slide out of the boot.  You may have a heck of a
time getting the send line off of the check valve and might have to
cut it.  I ended up replacing mine as they were factory originals
anyway.  Unless your check valve is bad, you can re-use it but you
should install new copper washers.

>From here, just install your new pump and make sure all clamps are
tight before you put it back in.

I don't think I missed anything...