[DML] waterpump issues/steering wheel column

[DML] waterpump issues/steering wheel column

I was out and about the other day when I pulled out of the local gas
station after getting something to drink..I noticed the engine was
sounding a little funny but didn't really think much about it until
I noticed that the temperature guage was rising...FAST.

So I pull over, thinking that I was leaking coolant somewhere and
that was the cause of the overheating and was checking the engine
compartment when I noticed the water pump pulley was completely
sheared off (I'm almost 100 percent positive by the rusted state of
the waterpump that it's an original one) and had miraculously
managed to snag on one of the belts.

So I get the car towed back to my garage and leave it until I can
fix it, which happened to be this weekend.  I work a really weird
schedule, so this was really my only opportunity to get it
fixed..the fact that the PA tech session was in a week and this
could not have happened at a worse time!  This is where two
individuals come in.

I would formally like to thank Rich Acuti and Mike Cohee for helping
me to get the new waterpump installed.  Words cannot describe my
thanks for their help, but I want to publicly say THANK YOU! as well
as YOU ROCK ;)  Since I had to work on Friday night, I gave them my
keys and garage door opener and they were nice enough to come over
while I was at work and disassemble my engine to get the waterpump
removed.

Then as if that wasn't enough, Rich took all of his day on Saturday
to help me install one of Hervey's new stainless pulley waterpumps
(Thanks to you too John for shipping that out quick in such a dire
emergency!), when he had planned to do his A/C that day.
And of course Mike helped me put the rest of the car on today,
taking time out of his busy day...and has helped me on numerous
times getting my car up to par.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Mr. Bill
Robertson, who I had the privelege of meeting about 3 weeks ago when
he came up this way and helped me install a new angle drive and
steering column bushing.  This was no easy job and took several
hours!  I also got to see his carbeurated Delorean and must say I'm
impressed.  The amount of room he has with his carbeurated engine
leaves lots of imagination for upgrades and modifications most PRVs
probably couldn't do in the engine compartment :)

So again, THANK YOU!  You are all great amazing people and it's good
to know that the Delorean community has people like you to keep "the
dream" alive!!

Jack
VIN 2728