[DML] Engine question- Answered (sort of)

[DML] Engine question- Answered (sort of)

I apologize for the lack of information. I was exhausted and cheezed
off when I posted my question.

It was certainly strange. The engine idled fine, the only difference
in behavior was a heavy stumble upon moderate acceleration and a
noticable loss of power. Once you were at speed, it seemed fine.

There were no gauge indications out of spec either, (temp, oil
pressure, RPM).

Next day, I performed a compression check and all was well. My spark-
plugs were text-book examples of properly wearing plugs. (No
fouling, detonation, proper temperature range). I did find a valve
cover bolt that had backed out, but when I performed a vacuum leak
check it didn't seem to be a factor. Nonetheless, I screwed it back
down and took the car out. All signs of hesitation were gone, and
all power was present. I've driven it several times since to make
sure, and put my foot in the floor in an attempt to make the
symptoms reappear but all is well.

Personally, I think the car heard me swearing under my breath that
if a head gasket had blown again that I would trade it in for an '05
Mustang and decided to correct itself.

Rich A.