From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
alex morgan
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2005 10:39 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Clutch "pop" question...

Hi guys,
I had a quick clutch question.  My car has a stainless steel clutch line,
new slave and master cylinder.  The clutch however is original.

Here is the problem.  When the car is shifted into second gear it will "pop"

out of gear into neutral if my foot is off the gas.  It will stay in second
if you apply a teeny, teeny tiny amount of pressure on the stick.  It will
also stay if the car is accelerating.  The clutch only does this in second
gear.  When it is running in second it runs smooth and accelerates
flawlessly so I don't think its the transmission.  The previous owner had
Delorean One do most of the work and Ed recomended replacing the clutch in
the near future.  I was thinking it might have to do with a linkage problem?

  What do you think?

-Alex