Re: [DML] Question and (rude) car show behavior

Re: [DML] Question and (rude) car show behavior

Hey we all have these horror stories.
People just don't have respect for other people's property, mostly because
they loose
their inhibitions sometimes when they see the car.

I came out of a goth club one night to find some crazy vampire bitch doing a
White-Snake video
on the hood of my car! I thought I would kill her, but slapping her around
would only get her
off....

Then there was the time I took the car to a Huey Lewis concert.
I figured that there would be enough 35+ year old people there to behave
themselves
but I there were a lot of younger people there, they mauled the car.
It looked like a pack of 3 year old's who had been eating pop-cicles all day
had
gotten a hold of it.
I had to hand wash it for hours to get all the finger prints off it.
One a-hole actually opened the door, got in and started pushing buttons!
he was shocked and surprised that I would yell at him to get out of my car!

So, my plan is to build some sort of barrier system that can be folded up
and carried
in the car for when I show it.
When it is parked in a parking lot most people respect it but when it is on
"display"
people treat it like one of those fiberglass props at Universal Studios that
people climb
on top of to take pictures.
So you have to put up a barrier to keep people from climbing in.
They will hop in real fast to try to get their picture taken.
...... a word of advice from someone who shows their car all the time,
if someone in a crowd asks you if they can get inside and take a picture
politely
tell them "no", or to "come back later when no one is around".
Otherwise, if you let them you will immediately have a huge crowd of people
who all
want to climb in and get a picture and then things get out of control.

You have to use discretion when showing the car, at a car show the attendees
pretty
much know the rules, they know they are not allowed to touch the cars, but
if you have
brought your car to a special event where it is the center of attention and
the point of
the showing, this is when things can get hairy.

Also, it helps if you are prepared with some printed information, other wise
you will
be talking your head off until you are hoarse answering questions.
Be warned.

- Videobob

>From: Mike Green <mikedx@xxxxxxxxx>
>To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: [DML] Question and (rude) car show behavior
>Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 09:37:25 +0100
>
>This isnt uncommon behavious I'm afraid. VIN 1274 had its louvres
>slammed down by one passing brute after he had a look at the engine.
>And then there was another car that some family decided that the seats
>were a climbing frame and crawled all over them!! The louvre slammer
>came back later for another round, and got in the second car and qas
>quickly escorted away..
>
>some people just dont know how to treat other peoples property.

[long quote trimmed by moderator]